About NYC Local Law 84 - Greener, Greater Buildings Plan
All buildings in New York City over 50,000 square feet are required to submit an annual energy benchmark, starting in 2011. Also included are properties with two or more buildings that total over 100,000 square feet and are on the same lot or under the same condo board.
The first report was due to the city on May 1, 2011. Subsequent reports are due each year on May 1st.
- See a list of buildings required to comply with Local Law 84 (LL84) in 2013. (Think your building should not be on the list? Contact the NYC Department of Finance via firstname.lastname@example.org)
- See a summary of Local Law 84.
- Read about the quarterly fines and violation information
- View our Document Library to understand the law and what you must do to comply.
- Read the full text of Local Law 84.
- Read about New York City's Greener, Greater Buildings Plan, which includes mandatory energy audits and updates to the city's energy code.